how to save a life
Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a lifei had a nice reminder of the fray when i heard "how to save a life" at the gym this morning. yes, the gym! i went there with bren, a consecutive thursday! so that's twice in two weeks! a toast to healthy lifestyles, praise me! :D
i was thinking...there are always some songs that you just grow to like them more and more. likewise, there are some songs that have a relatively short lifespan. i wonder if life's like that. while chatting with my mysterious friend the other night, i had a passing thought. have i changed to be less happy a person, letting things get me down easily? i hope i havent. but it just feels like with age and maturity, people change. those things ebb away our optimism and hope. as we see this
world clearer, we become more cynical, more jaded. gone are the days where innocent minds marvel at this oh so beautiful world. ahh... i think i'm still as gullible as ever but i wish and hope that i wouldn't lose that overflowing optimism i once had. i wouldnt want to lose hope in this world cause i can still write a whole list of reasons why we are all so blessed.
anyways, i've decided that i'm more of a morning person than a night owl. ha. i really love mornings, chilly rainy ones and bright sunny ones alike. haha, yes geok, even rainy ones. that woman loves small drizzles! i can't decide which i like better for mornings but i'm certain that i hate it to rain when i'm in town. it's too much of a hassle to walk around. today's chilly morning was great though i always think that rainy days are gloomy. whatever it is, i feel that the days ahead are hopeful! (:
i shall therefore channel whatever energy i have to my studies! i need to studyyyy... ROARS!
ohhh, right now, i'm only thinking of subwayyyy!
after school with abby webby! (: (: (:
each footstep is a new love letter ♥
Thursday, March 06, 2008 , 12:52 PM